Latest watering releases
Based on best available operational data, the following environmental water deliveries were made in the week previous to and following 07/08/2018.
- Delivering to Reedy Lake and Hospital Swamps
- Delivering to the Yarra River
- Delivering to the Snowy River
- Delivering to Dowd Morass
- Delivering to Heart Morass
- Delivering to Sale Common
- Delivering to the Macalister River
- Delivering to the Thomson River
- Delivering to MacKenzie River and Burnt Creek
- Delivering to the River Murray
- Delivering to Barmah Forest
- Delivering to Gunbower Creek
- Delivering to Gunbower Forest
- Delivering to Potterwalkagee Creek, Lindsay River and Mullaroo Creek
- Delivering to the Goulburn River
- Delivering to the Campaspe River
- Delivering to the lower Broken Creek
- Delivering to the Loddon River
- Delivering to Pyramid Creek
Releases can include water delivered in Victoria by the Victorian Environmental Water Holder, Commonwealth Environmental Water Holder, Murray-Darling Basin Authority (The Living Murray program) and the NSW Government.
Environmental watering objectives may also be met by other water in the system (such as water which is en route for use in households, industry and farming).
How do we know it works?
To measure the success of environmental watering, it is important to draw on the large body of scientific and community knowledge that exists about Victoria’s rivers and wetlands.Learn More
Seasonal watering plan
A statewide plan that scopes potential environmental watering in rivers and wetlands.Learn More
Rivers and wetlands
- • Barmah Forest
- • Gunbower Creek and Forest
- • Central Murray wetlands
- • Hattah Lakes
- • Lower Murray wetlands
- • Lindsay, Wallpolla and Mulcra
- • Ovens system
- • Goulburn River
- • Goulburn wetlands
- • Broken River and Upper Broken Creek
- • Lower Broken Creek
- • Broken wetlands
- • Campaspe River
- • Coliban River
- • Loddon River system (including Tullaroop, Serpentine and Pyramid creeks)
- • Boort wetlands
- • Birchs Creek
Environmental water stories
New technologies such as smart phone apps and social media can be amazing tools to involve your community in environmental management or scientific research. But with so much on offer, how do you choose which app to use?
Holding the title of the second longest river in Victoria, the extensive Loddon River travels the great distance of 430 kilometres. Introducing the Loddon River in the second of the Meet our Waterways series, highlighting how water for the environment benefits your river.
News and media releases
The Victorian Environmental Water Holder has released a new trade strategy to transparently outline where we plan to buy or sell water for the environment across Victoria in 2018-19.
Rivers and wetlands across Victoria will benefit from the Victorian Environmental Water Holder's statewide plan for environmental watering over 2018-19.
The Minister for Water is currently considering the VEWH's application to establish a new Upper Barwon River Environmental Entitlement.