Catchment Management Authorities' Actions and Achievements Report launched
25 January 2018
Congratulations to Victoria's Catchment Management Authorities (CMAs) on their achievements throughout 2016-17, which are celebrated in a new report.
Victoria's CMAs have had a big year implementing actions from Water for Victoria.
CMAs bring together community stakeholders from across the state to support the rivers and landscapes we all love and use.
The annual Actions and Achievements Report is now live online. The report celebrates the 2016-17 financial year's successes, including:
- 985 square km of native vegetation improved
- 93,545 Victorians involved in activities to improve the environment
- working with landholders to improve environmental outcomes covering 1,476 square km of agricultural land
- 99 square km of weed control
- 5,238 square kms of pest control
- 549 waterway structures established to stabilise banks and improve habitat
- nearly 991 km of fences built or maintained
- advice and approvals provided in response to 7,039 requests for permits, licences, leases and planning referrals.
The Victorian Government is supporting the work of CMAs through its $222 million investment into waterway and catchment health.
This news item is reproduced courtesy of the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning.
For further information please call
03 9637 8951 or email